Why join NCBC?
By joining NCBC, you begin promoting and supporting cycling in the Wake County/Triangle Area through many behind the scenes activities like:
NCBC Supports Local Club Events
- NCBC assists with low cost insurance bundling to help reduce cost for charity events
- NCBC has rest stop equipment/tables/coolers/chairs, route signs, grill, tents, trash cans, bike racks, ... for local clubs to borrow for charity event rides.
- NCBC supports "pay it forward" for unused/unopened ride event supplies by providing storage and communication to the next charity ride.
For more information contact: email@example.com
NCBC promotes bicycling safety & community engagement
- NCBC provides cycling education sessions
- NCBC advocates for safe cycling by financially supporting organizations like BikeWalkNC, Raven Rock Ramble
- NCBC supports charity events tied to our cycling community to apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCBC Ride with GPS Club Account
Access premium Ride with GPS features such as turn-by-turn navigation and route exporting through the NCBC club account. You must link your Ride with GPS basic account (free) to NCBC to activate.
Thanks to Alex Gay for sharing features and tips of Ride With GPS. Many of the elements he covered can be found in the Help Center on the Ride with GPS app. Here is a link to tips for Ride with GPS:
Bike Travel Cases for Rent
NCBC has good hard-shell bike travel cases for rent to members. The fee is $1 per day with a refundable $200 deposit. The charges for late drop-off and for canceling a reservation less than one month in advance are both $25.
To reserve a case contact: Sandy Fowler 919-801-3797 (before 10 pm)
The cases are Performance Cargo Cases with specs: Wt: 30 lbs. Dimension: 47-½” x 30-½” x 10-½”.
You will need to remove your seat, handlebars, any racks, during packaging.
Check your airline’s website to get the maximum allowed weight and dimensions and any applicable charges.
A couple of references regarding travel with bicycles:
NCBC Member Discounts
Don’t forget to ask for the discount that is available to club members at area bicycle shops.
NCBC has a club membership with Ride with GPS, which gives NCBC members free access to the premier features of their web site and smartphone app. To utilize these features, follow these steps:
- Open RideWithGPS.com and register as a user (choose a basic account, which is free)
- Authorize yourself to the NCBC club account by opening this link and signing in with your Ride with GPS username and password (created in the above step)
- NCBC Admin will authorize active NCBC member requests. You will receive an email once this has been completed.
- Click the link in step 2 and when you log in you should see the following. To log into your regular account, once you continue to the Club page you can sign-out of the club page and return to your account.
- For additional tips and tricks link on the NCBC home page.